- Overview: Intro to rock climbing course; learn to safely top-rope climb, belay, and more
- Duration: 2 full days (6-8 hours per day)
- Cost: USD $495
- Skill Level: No experience required (We recommend taking a Half Day Rock Climbing tour prior to the course)
- Fitness Level: Must be able to walk for at least 30 minutes over uneven and steep terrain. Can you climb a ladder? Then you can rock climb!
The perfect course for beginners wishing to delve into the world of rock climbing; a sport which instills discipline, direction, and a sense in achievement in all who participate. Intro to Rock Climbing is an in-depth introduction to sport rock climbing that teaches all of the basic techniques for top-rope climbing and safe belaying. Before taking to the rock, you will receive a lesson in climbing theory: including basic knot tying, explanations of climbing gear and its proper use, safety practice and communication signals. Then it is time to hit the crag and get climbing!
The course curriculum includes:
- Introduction to climbing gear, including: harnesses, carabiners, ropes, and belay devices
- How to tie basic climbing knots
- Safe belaying techniques with an ATC belay device, for top rope and lead climbing
- Climbing and crag communication, and safety checks between climber and belayer
- Introduction to climbing route grades
- Plenty of top rope climbing practice on beautiful limestone
- Introduction to types of climbing holds and techniques
Intro to Rock Climbing is suitable for all ages (8+) and fitness levels. No experience is necessary for this course, but we recommend you try one of our Half Day Rock Climbing or an Epic Full Day Adventure before signing up.